Flooring Solutions for Healthcare
Available from American Biltrite - Flooring
As long as the floor is clean and looks good, it’s OK for the patient…right? WRONG...
In the evaluation process for better flooring for health care consider the following areas:
• Will the floor reduce footfall impact on the feet, legs and lower back during periods of walking and standing?
• Will it cushion a patient in the event of a fall?
• Will it suppress and absorb noise from traffic on the floor to create a quiet environment?
• Generally these criteria can be found in softer more resilient flooring types like rubber but there is more to choosing flooring for health care.
Creating a perfect health care environment. Today’s designers are pushing the boundaries of health care interiors by creating sanctuaries that contribute to the healing process.
When choosing flooring for health care the patient’s needs are paramount; however, considering the needs of the facility, the staff, and the unique demands of health care industry need to be addressed. Here are some of the elements that need to be evaluated when selecting flooring for a health care environment:
• Infection Control
• Life Cycle and the Return on Investment (ROI)
Select American Biltrite flooring contain Ultra-Fresh antimicrobial products which control the growth of unwanted microbes in consumer and industrial products. Offering odor control and protection from staining and product degradation.