Programming and implementing a major building project in a large city is always a complicated process. When the project is a hospital, the intricacy is amplified by the innate complexity of the building type and by the important role these institutions play in the community.
We believe that the strategies we would employ during
the programming phase would help facilitate the process, especially in managing expectations of the faculty, staff, and the community at large, are critical to achieving the best outcome for the hospital.
The Visioning Process
• Involve many constituents in the planning process to build support - the Client, PM and Industry Professionals.
• Engage the community in an open partnership to help plan the project
• Set high standards for the project to achieve
• Immediately share the concern that there is a major disconnect with program and budget
• Provide accessible information on the internet for all to follow
• Provide “benchmarks” with other comparable institutions
Start the process with a realistic understanding of the potential project costs and resources and, while not minimizing vision or creativity, contain it within reasonable limits.
Click VISIT WEBSITE to view our full approach to the programming process.